William "Billy" Skellie, Jr.
P.O. Box 929
LONG BEACH, MS 39560
(228) 863-1556 Phone
(228) 865-0822 Fax
Mayor Billy Skellie is a life-long resident of Long Beach. He graduated from Long Beach High School and attended Gulf Coast Community College in Perkinston, MS where he met Patricia Stewart, his wife of 38 years. Patricia has been employed as an educator by the Long Beach School District for the past twenty-five years and currently serves as the principal of the Long Beach Alternative School. Mayor Skellie and his wife have two children and two granddaughters, Alex and Taylor. He retired from Bell South after 35 years of service. Billy and his family are members of First Baptist Church of Long Beach where he serves as deacon and as a Sunday school teacher for the youth department.
Mayor Skellie was elected to the Board of Aldermen for Ward 5 in 1997. He served in that position for nearly 8 years prior to becoming mayor in this year's special election. Previously, Billy served on the Long Beach Zoning Board for 12 years, chairman for 6 years.
- Billy is a lifelong resident of Long Beach
- Billy and his wife, Pat, have two children and two grandchildren
- Youth Sunday school teacher for 16 years.
- Immediate past chairman of Deacons at Long Beach First Baptist Church
- Planning & Zoning Board member for 12 years - 6 years as chairman
- 3-term president of the Long Beach Gridiron Club
- Friends of the Library member/Vision 20/20 member
- Retired - 35 years of service with Bell South
- Recipient of Respect for Individual & Pursuit of Excellence Award
- Ward 5 Alderman since 1997
- Fourth generation Long Beach family with tradition of municipal service
- Member of Harrison County Council of Government.
"My goal is that City Hall would serve its citizens with an open door policy where each citizen's ideas are respected. I want Long Beach to be known everywhere as what we already know it to be---as a friendly, gracious and safe place to live and raise a family."